Thursday, September 3, 2009

Adventures in Babeland - Weekly Gaming Girl Diary: September 3, 2009

I honestly don't have very much to report on in the gaming front for the past week or so. Life has kept me a bit too busy to get the chance to sit down in front of my 360 or PC. For the life of me, I can't even think if I've played anything for the past week. I know for fact I haven't played WoW for about 2 weeks, which is a travesty, but time has just not allowed me to do so.

Although I don't have anything to report on the gaming front for the past week, I would like to take a little time to talk about my future plans for my laptop. I purchased a laptop about 2 years ago because my previous one had been dead for quite some time and this was prior to netbooks, so I wanted something portable to go along with my desktop. Typically I only use my laptop when I'm sitting on the couch watching TV (my desktop is in a different room), when I'm up in my bedroom or when I'm traveling. It's not the best laptop and can barely run WoW, so I don't typically do a lot of gaming on it. However, with the sudden resurgence of casual games, I've decided that my laptop will become my casual/old gaming device. Most of the casual games and older games do not require any sort of massive computing power, which my laptop does not have. Today, to start my casual gaming device, I purchase Ben There Dan That, Time Gentlemen, Please! and Plants vs. Zombies. I've played a bit of the Plants vs. Zombies demo and enjoyed it and it was only $10. I bought the other two because they came in a pack for only $5 and I've heard some people say some good things. I also intend on installing Starcraft, Warcraft III, Diablo II and possibly Age of Empires. Who knows how often I'll get around to playing these games on my laptop, but at least it'll be something to play while I'm laying in bed or visiting my girlfriend in college.

I'm excited to possibly play Diablo II. It's been quite some time since I had my hands on that game, plus I never beat it, PLUS Diablo III should be coming out in the next year or two. I've never played Starcraft before (surprise, surprise) so I'm looking forward to that. I've needed some good RTS lovin' in my life lately.

No comments: