- Best Voice in a Video Game: Jack Black as Eddie Riggs in Brutal Legend
- Best Cast: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- Best Performance by a Human Male: Hugh Jackman in X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- Best Performance by a Human Female: Megan Fox in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Best Indie Game Fueled by Dew: Flower
- Best Downloadable Game: Shadow Complex
- Best Downloadable Content: GTA4: The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Best Graphics: Uncharted 2
- Best Soundtrack: DJ Hero
- Best Original Score: Halo 3: ODST
- Best Game Based on a Movie or TV Show: South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense Play
- Best Multiplayer Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Best Action/Adventure: Assassin's Creed 2
- Best Driving Game: Forza Motorsport 3
- Best Fighting Game: Street Fighter 4
- Best Music Game: Beatles Rock Band
- Best RPG: Dragon Age: Origins
- Best Shooter: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Best Team Sports Game NHL 10
- Best Individual Sports Game: UFC 2009 Undisputed
- Studio of the Year: Rocksteady Studios for Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Best PlayStation 3 Game: Uncharted 2
- Best Wii Game: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Best Xbox 360 Game: Left 4 Dead 2
- Best Handheld Game: GTA: Chinatown Wars
- Best PC Game: Dragon Age Origins
- Most Anticipated Game: God of War 3
- Game of the Year: Uncharted 2
The first and the one I am most excited for - based solely on the fact that I have have had some time to develop some anticipation for the game - is Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. The first game was not without it's flaws but it was also a game that captured what it would feel like to wield the force. As long as the game improves upon its predecessor in terms of polish it think we will have another amazing Star Wars game on our hands.
Green Day: Rock Band will also be a fun game if for no other reason other than the fact than I have been a Green Day fan since Dookie released in 1994. There is nothing else to say on the matter but it will be hard, if not impossible, to follow up on The Beatles: Rock Band.
Another game that will be hard to develop a follow-up for is Arkham Asylum and yet Rocksteady has been kind enough to, at the very least, bless us with the announcement for the sequel not six months after Arkham Asylum the first was released. I am a little disappointed that the game is using the "same location" but apparently ArkhamHasMoved.com has other plans in store.
In other news Zachary Quinto was announced as a voice for Star Trek Online and that makes for a very happy Nate. I now just need a PC in which to play this on.
Lastly there was a Crackdown 2 video that touted some gameplay but I have to say that despite enthusiasm I have seen for the trailer on Twitter I was not impressed. The game looks to be copying a lot from games that have come out since the first Crackdown dropped (one thing that I noticed in particular was something that looked a lot like a zombie).
If nothing else the VGA's were a good place for announcements in an otherwise barren period of new game announcements.