Saturday, January 31, 2009

Holy Crap

So here is another apology: "I'm sorry."

I have not been on my computer at all as Google Reader can attest to (800+ unread items and counting). I am currently in Massachusetts on a mini-vacation and so I am currently on Matt's computer (my crappy laptop battery makes it not worth bringing my own computer places). I have been at work every day and in my free time I have been playing Fallout 3 like a madman. I finally finished the main story but I will be returning to the game in order to tie up any loose ends that I left (Operation: Anchorage DLC, bobbleheads, etc. I have not been doing anything else of any merit so I guess that is all this post will center around.

Now: more about Fallout.

I'll have to start a new game in order to attempt what I want to do - get all 1000 gamerscore - but for right now I am satisfied with myself [Ed note: I know that there is more gamerscore now with the DLC but let us not argue semantics.]. Like I said, I do have to tie up the loose ends, so that I can feel like I actually had a full play through of the game. I am a completionist and if I were enough of one I would have 100 percent gamerscore in most or all of my games. Lucky for me, I am not that much of a loon. The last thing I have to say about this game is that it had the best story of any game I played last year.

But now seeing as I have completed it, I can allow myself to play other things. I know that I will be returning to Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2 and probably Fable 2 with a vengeance. For Left 4 Dead I'll be playing whenever I get the chance and for Gears of War (since patches are finally coming out) maybe I can finally have some fun playing this game online. I know I will be awful at first but it will be well worth the pain. But Fable 2 got the short end of the stick when it came to play time last year.

I played the first half of the game at my own pace but the second half was rushed because I was completing it so that I could play Fallout (and we all know how long that took me). I need to go back and finish what I didn't get to and perhaps after that I will start a whole new character. Fable 2 is great and I want to get everything that I can out of it.

Last on the docket is the fact that I played the Resident Evil 5 Demo last night. It was a good time mainly because it felt foreign to me. I have never played a RE game before - Sacrilege! - because they have never interested me before. Now the only reason that it interests me is because I have an interest in getting all Zombie related achievements. While I know that this seems to be a lofty goal it is idea that I am entertaining.

But I did play the demo with Matt yesterday and I enjoyed myself. Perhaps I will play the retail copy when it comes out.

No comments: