Sunday, January 10, 2010

WAIP: January 10, 2010 - There are some Border Lands in your New Year Edition

Since we last spoke, or since I wrote the review for Uncharted 2, the New Year has rung in and I have been doing nothing else other than playing Borderlands.
I have devoted every free second that was not spent at work in the game and it has even cut into time with my wife. I am determined to finish this game. At the moment of this post I have logged roughly 30 hours of in game time; it has been spent bouncing back and forth between my game and Matt's (Jewnado).

I began this game in October - when it was released - but stopped promptly when I purchased myself a PS3 roughly a week later. After that Modern Warfare 2 came out and if you are like myself you know where the rest of that story goes. I had stopped playing at level 17, still in the Arid Badlands, and I knew not when I was going to return to Pandora because I honestly did not feel compelled to.

Flash forward to December 31st - New Years Eve - and Matt and I decided that it would be great fun to return to the game after we had both been away from it for a while. We logged several hours that day and have been chipping away at it ever since. I had become so enamoured with the game (more so than when it was initially released) that on a day off I played it solo four five hours straight. In the words of the tenth Doctor, "Fantastic!"

Last night Matt and I played for another three hours and we are finally on the last mission (with a few straggling side missions left over). Tonight should be the night to finish it off but that will not be the end; there is still DLC and at least one more playthrough.

No comments: