Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My BioShock Experience

I began my trek through the world of Rapture last Tuesday morning. After picking up my limited edition the first thing GameStop opened, I rode the subway home taking pictures of the best limited edition I have laid eyes on (see previous post). When I finally crossed the threshold of my apartment I played for about 5-6 hours. I was decimated by Big Daddies galore and still kept coming back for more. I was part of Rapture and I needed to know all of its secrets. And Oh... what secrets were in store for me...

I continued to play during the week on and off, but still getting as much as I could in.

It came down to yesterday when I sat myself down determined to beat the game (day off). I made it to a point where I was sure I was at the end, but alas, I was not even close... I was at least 5 hours from the games climactic finish. I played for seven hours and had to stop. I later played for another half hour (much to my girlfriend's dismay).

But today was the day that the ending was in my grasp. It was cheesy but awesome and all in all this was one of the best games I have ever played. I really mean that when I say it, because although I consider myself a hardcore gamer, I can say, with all honesty, I do not know what I'll feel like playing tomorrow. I will definitely be giving it another run through but I need to give my brain a rest.

Lastly, if I had to give the game a review I would give it a 9.6. The loss of .4 comes from the ease of the respawn and the slightly cheesy ending.

No comments: