Friday, February 6, 2009

Weekly Update, What Have I Been Playing, Random Complaining... Whatever

It has been a good week or so to be a gamer. I am not saying this to hurt the other week's feelings but I am sure it will be a good 10 days to be a gamer come March 3rd and 13th.

This is for the reason that the two games of which demos I have played will be launching: Halo Wars and Resident Evil 5.

Let us talk about the later first since in my last post I was unsure on whether I would be picking it up or not. I have decided, after playing through the demo again - both coop and not - that I will be picking it up. I could honestly care less about the story, which I know is strange for me, but I had a good experience playing it and I would be remiss if I did not want to continue that experience.

But before I say too much I have write ups for both of those demos for your viewing pleasure so now it is only a short amount before you may gaze upon those.

Now the real topic of this post:

You may accuse me of being a fanboy for the Xbox, or Xbot, whichever you prefer, but alas let me point out that I do want to purchase a PS3 but both the price and the game selection are not allowing for that. I have a wife and I have bills... I also am not made of money (despite many attempts by others to debunk this (I'd really rather not talk about it)).

There has been a lot of commotion surrounding Killzone 2. I am sure that it is the best shooter on PS3 to date but I am sure there are better shooters out there. I am just saying that I do not think that the MLG is going to abandon Halo 3 as their primary game in favor of Killzone 2. I believe that the graphics are the best any system has to offer and I am sure it could kill many a 360 but who really cares.

The only thing that people care about is their review score. I'll admit I have been upset by a less than 9.5 review score but not enough to well question the reviewers practices. In this review from CVG the reviewer lists the lack of co-op as a letdown or a negative mark against the game. Well as you might guess, folks have freaked out. I found this comment particularly astounding:

How can you give a game negative marks for not having co-op!!!!! You can only review that content that's there. It's like someone reviewing mario and then deducting points for it not having machine guns!!!


Me: "No it is not like that!?"

I'm sorry to say this but people have come to expect co-op from their shooters. Mario and machine guns have nothing to do with this pointless argument. This makes no sense to me at all. Somewhere in those comments someone said that COD4 did not have coop. Well woop dee doo, it still felt like an innovation from COD2 despite the fact that I didn't like COD4 to begin with. Aghhh I hate the sheer stupidity of some people.

We I have definitely worked myself up sufficiently, I think I am going to go calm down with a cup of coffee. Oh and just in case you PS3 fanboys did not get that... it was a joke.

No comments: