Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Game Diary: August 11, 2009 - Monkey Island SE Edition

At the beginning of last week I still found myself playing a lot of Battlefield: Bad Company but as the week progressed I found that I wanted to play something more story driven for a change. I am fully aware that I could have played the story portion of BC but I was looking for something fresh. I found something fresh in a revamped game from 1990... go figure.

At this realization I decided to pick up The Secret of Monkey Island SE on Xbox Live Arcade. I had a ball playing it all week and at some point I decided that I was going to get all 200 gamerscore.

Mission Accomplished!

The achievements were clever but not hard and even speed running through the game was easy because once you are aware of the puzzle solutions the game becomes that much easier to beat.

I also had the pleasure of discovering that Orson Scott Card wrote the insults in MI. This was a funny little happenstance because I have every intention of making the next book I read Empire, the book that Shadow Complex is loosely based on.

I do not want to say too much about MI though because that would spoil the review that I have been hacking away at for a few too many days.

I did just want to point out that I had little to no interest in Shadow Complex and now I am counting the days until next Wednesday when the game is released.

No comments: