Saturday, June 26, 2010

Crackdown 2 Demo Impressions

Based on the demo alone Crackdown 2 feels a lot like the first iteration - that is, it feels right. It feels good to be cleaning up the streets of Pacific City once again but for some reason, mutants now come out at night. I imagine that the final game will lend us an answer to these mutants but damn if there aren't a lot of them.

The game is almost identical to the first game. The looks are mostly the same and the same thing can be said for the controls. I know that based on these two things alone, I am ready to jump back in.

My first three times through the demo I earned none of the achievements that the game had to offer and I also did not complete the last part of the mission on any of my playthroughs. I might knock the difficulty down to easy just to see what is after the end of the mission. Some of the achievements that they give you to work on seem impossible in the realm of the demo but I am certain that there are those out there who had no problem doing it.

It seems to be the the Cell are the new daytime baddies and the mutants whom only come out at night are better fought with better caliber weapons (or fists).

The bottom line is that if you liked Crackdown you'll love Crackdown 2.

No comments: