Tuesday, March 31, 2009

OnLive

I just got finished reading this article about all of the details that are being shared about the OnLive service. I really want this to work and if it does it will become my second choice for gaming entertainment. I say second because there is no way that I want to give up the community and achievements that I have accumulated through the Xbox platform. Xbox is my mistress and she always treats me right.

This, however, is my biggest interest, besides the obvious lack of hardware limitations, of the OnLive platform:
Sure, there is no question that the OnLive platform will have the lowest cost of entry for a new user. But, to be clear, OnLive also will certainly be catering to gamers who are less price sensitive, and are seeking the highest performance games, and also it will be opening up a universe of games to Mac users who, before OnLive, have had a very limited selection (MTV Multiplayer Blog).

If the price is right and I can play a few games here and there that I cannot play on my Xbox I will give it a shot. I will still remain skeptical until it is in my hands, amazing me. There are not of original ideas going around as far as gaming hardware goes these days and I think that everyone is quick to rain on this parade, myself included, but I am sure we can all remember a time when publishers were skeptical when Xbox LIVE was shopping their ideas around. Let us just keep an open mind for now and then if it does not work out as planned we can all chuckle to ourselves and say, "I told you so."

Something that I forgot to mention in my previous post is that if you like reading what I have to say then check out this podcast that I guested on. Pardon the fact that a mongoose salivated all over my microphone just five minutes proir to recording (there is a lot of static coming from my end that I cannot explain).

No comments: