Tuesday, May 19, 2009

PC Gaming Diary #3 - I Returned to the Sea...

In a amazing turn of events, this weekend I played very little WoW compared to my normal gaming tendencies. Most of Saturday I spend organizing a few things and trying to find my birth certificate. I'm not really sure why, but I just felt bored with WoW this weekend, so I sort of took a break. I did, however, get a little bit of gaming in.

This weekend I decided to start a new run through of..................BIOSHOCK! It's probably been over a year since I did my initial play through of the game and with the new one coming out in the next year or so and seeing articles in PC gamer, I decided it was time to play through it again. This time I decided to play through it on Hard (I started on Easy or Medium, I can't remember honestly) and I think I might decide to kill the Little Sisters (as much as it pains me) this time instead of save them just to see the different outcome. I didn't get all that far into the game, but I think I might continue this play through this week while my gf is at work. Unfortunately, I won't be getting much gaming time in this weekend BUT it's for a very, very good reason!

I'm excited for this second play through. I started to appreciate certain aspects of the game more then I did in my initial play. The game really, truly plays like a movie. It's quite fascinating as no other game before has really captured me like that. I tend to be the type of gamer that cares little for storylines and cut screens with video. I tend to escape, space, return, click or do whatever I can to get out of it. I'm not really sure why, but my priority when gaming is playing the game and I often sacrifice storyline with that attitude. I hope to get more out of the game in regards to story then I did before and I'm not really sure what to expect playing on hard, so we shall see how it turns out in the end!

No comments: