Monday, July 20, 2009

Game Diary: July 20, 2009: Too Much to Play Edition

At the beginning of this week in gaming goodness I was still playing a lot of Fable 2.

I became the richest person in Albion and earned the Queen and Mayor titles from the Town Criers. I also, at some point, went totally evil, murdering the entire town of Bloodstone so that I could earn one or two new expressions. I was then working my way through the my Castle Fairfax. I got to a point where I had to shoot targets in a specific time frame (and now that I think about it I am wondering if I would be able to use the time control spell in order to get past this...) and it really is no fun.
Update: I just finished that part in Castle Fairfax and I have to say that what you get as a result is pretty cool.

It was one of those discouraging moments where I decided to just put down the game and play something else. So the next day I ended up playing the trial version of Sam and Max Save the World. I enjoyed it, though not as much as I would have been lead to believe. It was humorous and clever in all of the right places but I did not feel any compelling reason to continue and I even got stuck in the trial somewhere. Perhaps it will merit a purchase on another day.

Something that will merit a purchase just as soon as I get the cash is Battlefield 1943. I did not get to play it all that much but I now can officially call myself a Battlefield fan since playing and loving Battlefield: Bad Company.

Which brings me to the last of what I have been playing: Battlefield: Bad Company. I started the campaign on normal because I only ever got the hard difficulty achievements and unfortunately this is one of those games that is not intuitive enough to know that you should get the easier difficulty level achievements when the harder ones are unlocked. Regardless it gives me a reason to play the campaign again and that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I also got into the multiplayer again with Kara and despite our inability to do well we still had a lot of fun. The squad mechanic of these games (Battlefield) is some of the best implementation of a "party system" I have seen since Halo 2 introduced it.

No comments: