Monday, July 20, 2009

Gaming Diary: July 20, 2009 - The I Suck at Multiplayer Edition

The majority of my weekend was spent in a cabin in the mountains or on a boat on a lake so needless to say, not much gaming got done. Before I left, I had the opportunity to get in a few games of Battlefield: Bad Company with Nate.

I have been the first to proclaim my own inadequacies at playing multiplayer games online. I haven't really played any multi games online since Return to Castle Wolfenstein (where I dominated the beach map with the sniper rifle, I might add) so one could easily say that I'm a bit...rusty. I tend to stay away from the online gaming community because over the years as console gaming popularity has grown, so has the level of talent playing. My level of talent tends to fluctuate from poor to average so I tend to stay away to avoid a good ass kicking. I've played multiplayer campaigns of Left for Dead with friends, but that is limited to only friends so my level of humiliation is very small.

With all that being said, I did enjoy my time playing BF:BC with Nate, even though we most definitely got our asses handed to us time and time again. I might see myself venturing on the BF:BC multiplayer universe again someday.

No comments: