Friday, March 12, 2010

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition (GDC '10 Reveal)

Going along with the success of The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition comes, and hopefully it does not come as a shock, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition - to be released on XBLA, iPhone, PSN this summer.

From a purely artistic standpoint it looks to be shaping up to be as beautiful as the first special edition. It is a well-deserved and welcome sequel.

While I did not get to play these games the first time around (I was in my box where only the FPS genre mattered) I am relishing the fact that I am getting to play these games and that a newer generation is blessed with the privilege of enjoying them as well.

Once again you will be able to switch between art styles (old and new) and I will be completing it twice (both old and new), as I did with the first edition of the well... special editions.

Not that you did not know but you will again assume the role of Guybrush Threepwood in your ever-lubbin' quest to become an arrggh-Pirate. Summer cannot come soon enough.

No comments: