Monday, March 1, 2010

WAIP: March 1st 2010 - Where Have I Been for the Past Month Edition

I know that we seem to have this conversation too often but alas, this time, I have a good excuse. As you may or may not have known, I have been in grand jury duty for the past month. In between I have been working my normal job in between and thus, in the month of February - I have had one day off.

I am back and better than ever and I am here to let you know what I have been squeezing in, in terms of games played, while I was on my little hiatus.

At the beginning of the month I had been delving into Mass Effect 2 a little further but nothing really came to fruition. Jury duty really disrupted my flow and I forgot how to make time to play.

I did manage to squeeze tiny bits of 'Splosion Man in there but nothing more than a few levels at one time. It is quite a charming game, I just wish I made more time to play it.

Lastly, the coup De grace, I have been replaying the original Bioshock on hard with no Vita-Chambers. My wife had ordered Bioshock 2 for me as a Valentine's Day gift so I wanted my recollection to be refreshed for the sequel.

Bioshock is just as fantastic as I remember - just as beautiful, disturbing, and perfectly crafted. I walk into a room and I am overwhelmed by the design for a second time (yes this is only my second time through). It felt amazing to take down a Big Daddy in one shot (no deaths, nothing). I feel like this is the way the game is supposed to be played because I am just as jumpy on this playthrough as I was with the first. If you cannot afford or have not been persuaded to buy Bioshock 2, just play the original again.

I wonder if having the original running through my head is going to help or hinder my experience of Bioshock 2. Stay tuned for those impressions. I did want to say though that the Bioshock 2 Special Edition is fantastic in its construction and beauty. Have a look:



Now my only problem with all of this is that I have the remainder of Bioshock to play through, Bioshock 2 to play through, and Battlefield Bad Company 2 is coming in the mail tomorrow. I suppose that it is lucky that I am finished with jury duty.

Did I mention that I also wanted to pick up MLB: The Show 2010 and Heavy Rain for the PS3? No. Well... yeah, those too.

No comments: