Monday, April 6, 2009

A Bit Distracted (Brutal Legend, The Dishwasher)


At this very moment I am in a bit of a predicament. It is not that serious but at the same time I feel bad about it. 


I am torn between giving you, the reader, a legitimate update, about Brutal Legend perhaps, or going off to play The Dishwasher (which I am currently awful at). So I think what I am going to do is give you a little taste of both.

The embargo on the game play demo of Brutal Legend was up on Friday morning and I as well as you kind folks all probably read a lot of nice things about this fun little game. Those articles mentioned in the past sentence tell me that everyone has come away from this "demo" happier than they even expected to be and that, in turn, makes me even more ecstatic that this game is coming sooner rather than later. I am expecting this game in the summer at the latest so that it does not get crushed by the holiday tirade.

As for The Dishwasher, I am enjoyed its stylized art. It has been compared to Alien Hominid HD I think because they are both representative of artistic indie games that shatter conceptions of what arcade games are supposed to be. The fact that the two have been compared makes me happy (and it should make the sole, lone, cowboy of a developer happy).

P.S. - I also recently passed my 1000th achievement! It was for completing a level on Veteran in COD4.

No comments: