Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WAIP: September 30, 2009 - Firefighting Edition

This past week I had the distinct pleasure of playing through the ODST campaign and getting in a few rounds of Firefight.

What I really want to talk about is Firefight because it reminded me of a time when multiplayer gaming was the only thing that mattered to me.

A few afternoons ago I got together with my brother-in-law and a couple of other people on his friends list and we had a session that lasted just over an hour and a half. It was glorious. I was the point man, most of the time, trying to keep everyone on their game so that we could make it through the whole thing but alas my coaching was not good enough and in the end our lives ran down quickly and it was over before anyone knew what hit them.

The mistake made here is that enough of the folks that I was playing with did not care enough to kill the engineers first and because of that the enemies became increasingly impossible to kill. If someone asks you to kill the engineer and you find yourself closest whip out that overcharged plasma pistol and send a few shots right into their electrically charged, round, bodies - please.

No comments: