Thursday, October 1, 2009

Road To Recon: I Came Up With This Name Before It Was on Bungie.net (pt3)

My goal was to attain the Lightswitch Vidmaster before Halo 3 ODST came out and we all know how that turned out (but in case you did not know I'll talk more about it later in the post). Instead after ODST shipped I popped in the 'Complete Multiplayer Experience' disk and decided to hunt down the last three skulls so that I could have the Brainpan Vidmaster (Collect all of the Mythic Skulls from the maps: Heretic, Longshore, Citadel, Assembly, Sandbox, Orbital) and that is exactly what I did. This is also an easy 100 Gamerscore for those not hunting down the Recon armor. If you cannot find them all YouTube is your best friend and you should also be able to find a map on bungie.net that will help you easily nab the Sandbox skull.

On Wednesday I finally earned the Lightswitch Vidmaster which is awarded for attaining the rank of Lieutenant (50 EXP) in the new EXP system. It took long enough but my constant poking and prodding of the Rumble Pit playlist finally paid off. In my last run to gain the final three experience points I happened to get lucky enough that it took me twelve matches to gain the final three experience points and out of eight players in each match I only had to be in the top four. Somewhere in my head I knew what I needed and something unconsciously was going on to prevent me from getting there - that is my only excuse.

Lastly we have a for all intents and purposes an easy Vidmaster Achievement: Classic. All I had to do was boot up Uplift Reserve and drive the Warthog through the entire map without firing a shot (no Warthog horn either) or throwing a grenade. It did not matter that someone was in the gunner seat so if you are trying for this do not worry about it.

Today I may go for the Deja Vu Vidmaster but my primary goal today is to finish ODST on Legendary.

No comments: